Button, Will

Button, Will

by David Button -
Number of replies: 2

There have been many times in my life and I would argue that everyone has experienced a time when you are put in a situation where you do not want to listen to someone's story. My favorite story starts at the Clarksville Red River County Airport. I arrive at the airport, get out of my truck preparing for my next lesson of flight when I see a man with a camera taking pictures of planes. I say "Hey how's it going", "Oh you know just taking pictures of these here planes. Did you know that they had the bush plane competition this week? This guy has a Subaru engine in his plane...etc". I quickly came to realize I was about to get the entire run down place by place and engine by engine of the entire national competition. I desperately searched for a way out "That's pretty neat what's your name" I say to try and throw him off topic only for him to respond with " Warren just barely got first place in his Cub Cadet". Was he even listing? absolutely not. I slowly backed away with him still rambling on about his story without even noticing. Soon after my instructor landed and pulled up to me and I made my daring escape.

In reply to David Button

Re: Button, Will

by Colte Baxley -
That’s a great story cause I know how you feel. All the times I don’t wanna listen to people it’s always valuable information.
In reply to David Button

Re: Button, Will

by Gage Morris -
It seems quite odd to me that you were not wanting to listen to a story about planes when that is all you talk about. I can relate to your situation however and i feel as though almost everyone can.