Button, Will

Button, Will

by David Button -
Number of replies: 1

I can't entirely agree with the statement “No matter how different people are, it does not affect how I treat, speak, or befriend them”. The entirety of how I treat the people around me is how they treat me. For example, if someone came up to me screaming and cussing at me because I am a Christian I do not know if I could befriend them. We are all different, but when someone is so indifferent they can no longer hear an opposing opinion, it is hard to make peace with them. On the other hand, I work with a calm, mannered Atheist, and although we have widely different views we can civilly discuss them and we are friends. So the true answer is that I can get along with different people. It just depends on if they are closed off or not.

In reply to David Button

Re: Button, Will

by Gage Morris -
I personally agree with your outlook on the prompt. To say that we do not treat others a certain way because they are different would be outlandish. Nobody wants to befriend someone who is being rude, and it would be very inconsiderate to expect a person to do so.