Mitchell, Michelle

Mitchell, Michelle

by Michelle Mitchell -
Number of replies: 1

Yes, I have been obligated to listen to someone's story before but not obligated in a way that someone was forcing me to listen but in a way of being respectful. I wasn't having a very good day that day and the last thing I wanted to do was listen to some long story and be nagged. That seemed to be the situation I found myself in after visiting my grandmother. When I arrived at my grandmother's house I soon realized that my great-aunt was there as well. Instead of having a calm and nice evening with my grandmother, I spent the entire afternoon being told that I needed a job and that I needed to learn how to work well with people despite who they are. Although while all this information is true it was the last thing I wanted to hear. She proved her points by telling me this long story of how she worked in an auto mechanic shop with a bunch of men as a teen. I was very ready to leave my grandmother's and did so soon after she finished her story.

In reply to Michelle Mitchell

Re: Mitchell, Michelle

by David Button -
I think we have all been there Michelle. Many many times I have been told in long story form of how my actions are not enough or I should do more, but I think we will all come out just fine. Keep your head up and keep trucking along.