Obenoskey, Mallery

Obenoskey, Mallery

by Mallery Obenoskey -
Number of replies: 1

I grew up in a household that loved to talk and my parents were very social every time we went out. There were many occasions when I was forced to listen to their conversations with others. As a child, I was always taught that when adults were speaking, I was not. Most of the time if my parents were having a conversation it had to do with business and as a young kid that can get very boring very fast. It is also very hard to care about what adults have to say when you are young and do not exactly understand why what they are talking about is so important to them. My dad especially loves to tell stories to all of his friends about his great adventures in roping and working cows. I do not always care to listen because he has told them to me about a million times before. However, as he tells them to other people it is my job to be polite and just smile and laugh along. 

In reply to Mallery Obenoskey

Re: Obenoskey, Mallery

by Kaleb Dooley -
I used to hate having to fake being polite, fake smiles, and fake laughs too. However, I have gotten pretty good at it now!