Marioth, Rylan

Marioth, Rylan

by Rylan Marioth -
Number of replies: 5

My favorite satirical comedians consist of people like Kat Williams, Dave Chappelle, and Bill Burr. Besides the obvious point of them wanting to make people laugh, some of their jokes have a more profound sense of meaning than just a laugh. These comedians use their platform to address some serious points in society and the world's problems. They use comedy to, I think, personally help with some complex topics, but at the end of the day, I think it's mostly just for the entertainment of people. This form of comedy is so popular because there are so many things to poke fun at, and most people look to this comedy for a laugh and a greater understanding of the world. 

In reply to Rylan Marioth

Re: Marioth, Rylan

by Jackson Farris -
I really appreciate this style of comedy, because it allows to the viewer to be informed of important topic without being dragged down by the negativity of it all.

by Avan Deal -
I agree, it is definitely a way for people to poke fun at more serious topics in our world.

by Conrad Crouch -
The world is pretty bad and I do not see it getting any better. We might as well get a crack out of it while we can.

by Tyler Hawkins -
Dave Chappelle is one of my favorite comedians simply for the fact that he "pokes fun" at serious matters and makes it funny in a way.

by Kane Holder -
Never heard of Bill Burr before, going to have to check that out.